CANSA Research in Action Conference – July 2018 – Poster Session for Students
Application for presenting a poster at the conference is now closed
CANSA is proud that one of many positive outcomes of the Type A grants we fund is the opportunity for postgraduate students to complete their degrees through working on a CANSA-funded research project. We are therefore delighted to announce, that this year’s CANSA Research in Action Conference will include a poster session dedicated to all the students currently conducting research on CANSA Type A grants. We hope that this will provide students with a valuable opportunity to present their work, share ideas and gain exposure to the range of research taking place in the cancer control arena in South Africa.
To facilitate this, we awarded four bursaries to the following students attached to current Type A projects: Okunola Abisola, Trish Muzenda, Flavia Francies and Irene Kyomugisha.
Abstracts that will be presented as posters at the conference:
- Application of personalised medicine using an integrated service and research approach: Evaluation of vitamin D in breast cancer patients – Okunola Abisola
- Comparing prompted and unprompted recall of women’s knowledge of breast and cervical cancer risk factors and symptom – Trish Muzenda
- Ionising radiation versus mitomycin C induced chromosomal aberrations for Fanconi Anaemia diagnosis – Flavia Francies
- Modelling Early Initiation of HAART to Forestall AIDS-related Lymphoma in South Africa: a Cost-Effectiveness Analysis – Irene Kyomugisha
- Epidemiology and Risk Factors associated with Liver Cancer in South Africa – Daniel Mak