Logistics – CANSA Research in Action Conference – July 2018
The Cancer Association of SA (CANSA) and the University of Pretoria are pleased to announce that the next CANSA Research in Action Conference will be held at the University of Pretoria in the Tswelopele complex (Prinshof campus, Faculty of Health Sciences) from Tuesday, 3rd July to Thursday, 5th July 2018. Download the advertisement.
Prinshof is an area in Pretoria. It is the home of the Faculty of Health Sciences of the University of Pretoria and the Steve Biko Hospital (formerly the Pretoria Academic Hospital). Prinshof is also the name of a school in Pretoria for partially sighted children.
We are anticipating that the Cancer Research Conference at Prinshof campus will be the place where intellectual “sparks” can and will ignite. We see this as an incubator for South African cancer research.
Map to Venue:
Poster Session for Students:
Application for presenting a poster at the conference is now closed
The Conference will include a poster session dedicated to all the students currently conducting research on CANSA Type A grants. We awarded four bursaries to students attached to current Type A projects. More information…
Registration & Fees:
- Note closing date for registration was 26 June 2018 and is now closed
- For enquiries, please email Alice Victor at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that this is not a Call for Abstracts, all speakers are confirmed on the programme
- R500 for full conference (all three days)
- R100 for half day, 3 July (starting at 11:00, includes lunch and refreshments)
- R250 for full day, 4 July
- R250 for full day, 5 July
- Full conference day includes lunch and refreshments
- Costs for the Awards event on 4 July will be sponsored and delegates would not have to contribute
Note closing date for registration was 26 June 2018 and is now closed
Option 1: Direct bank deposit
- ABSA Bank
- Account: CANSA Research
- Account number: 4079965964
- Branch: 632005
- Reference: RConf+Name+Surname (your name and surname as it appears on the registration form)
Option 2: Payment through Snapscan app
- Install and register the Snapscan app on your mobile phone.
- Tap Scan in the app.
- Direct your phone at this QR Code:
- Type in amount and reference “ResearchConf + Your Name and Surname” and tap Pay
- Type in PIN code and confirm
Full Registration fee includes:
- Access to all conference sessions Tuesday – Thursday
- Tea breaks and lunches on all conference days
- Access to exhibitions
- CANSA documentation
You can earn CPD points by attending the CANSA Research in Action 2018 Conference. The purpose of CPD is to assist health professionals to maintain and acquire new and updated levels of knowledge, skills and ethical attitudes that will be of measurable benefit in professional practice and to enhance and promote professional integrity. You will have to register daily at the Conference Registration Desk to earn the CPD points accordingly and will be sent a certificate after the conference.
Registration fee excludes:
- Accommodation expenses
- Accommodation at University of Pretoria Cum Laude Flats in Hatfield is now fully booked. Delegates can arrange their own accommodation – view list of alternative accommodation located close to the conference venue (also for delegates’ own account).
- Travel expenses
- Travel insurance
Notice of cancellation must be received in writing by 26 June. There will be no refunds.
Queries CANSA Research:
For more information please contact Alice Victor, CANSA Science & Resource Centre Manager – email: email@example.com or tel: 021-689 5381.