COVID-19 Alert: CANSA will continue supporting patients virtually via our online support platforms, Toll Free Call Centre 0800 22 66 22 and our WhatsApp lines which are 072 197 9305 English and Afrikaans / 071 867 3530 Xhosa, Zulu, Sotho and Siswati. A list of staff on call during the nationwide lockdown will also be posted on the CANSA website.
Furthermore, CANSA may be contacted via our social media platforms:
- Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CancerAssociationOfSouthAfrica)
- Twitter @CANSA https://twitter.com/cansa) and
- Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/cancerassociationofsouthafrica/)
CANSA recognises the importance of support groups for cancer Survivors, Caregivers and loved ones, and offers them the opportunity to join a caring community, when they join their local CANSA Support Group (details below), or one of CANSA’s online support groups.
Our active Support Groups connect cancer Survivors (patients / those in remission), their loved ones and Caregivers with others who have “been there”.
Here members will interact with others who have a real understanding of their life experience, and mutual sharing of coping strategies and valuable information may take place.
Bereavement support is also provided by CANSA.
CANSA Support Groups (Face-to-Face)
If you would like to join a support group, please download the appropriate document for details re meeting times and contact details:
- Eastern Cape CANSA Support Groups: Province
- Free State CANSA Support Groups: Province
- Gauteng CANSA Support Groups: Province | Northern Gauteng
- KZN CANSA Support Groups: Province
- Limpopo CANSA Support Groups: Province
- Mpumalanga CANSA Support Groups: Province
- Northern Cape CANSA Support Groups: Province
- North West CANSA Support Groups: Rustenburg
- Western Cape CANSA Support Groups: Southern Cape | Western Cape
Alternately, contact your local CANSA Care Centre for more details.
CANSA and Netcare Support Groups
CANSA and Netcare have partnered to establish cancer support groups at nine of the private healthcare group’s hospitals. These support groups will be open to all persons impacted by cancer, from newly diagnosed individuals starting their cancer treatment journey to cancer Survivors, even those who have been in remission for years, as well as family members and caregivers.