CANSA’s Information Service
We are here to answer your questions and concerns. Friendly and informed staff at our CANSA Information Service provide compassionate advice, awareness materials, information and referrals for anything related to cancer support and care.
Get in Touch with Us:
- Toll Free line on 0800 22 66 22
(Mon to Fri from 08h00 to 16h30)
- Email email@example.com (general queries)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org (related to advocacy queries e.g. access to treatment)
- WhatsApp: 072 197 9305 (English and Afrikaans queries)
- WhatsApp: 071 867 3530 (Xhosa, Zulu, Sotho and Siswati queries)
- Write on our Wall – send a message via our website
- Contact your nearest CANSA Care Centre…
CANSA is committed to connecting people facing cancer with information, day-to-day help as well as emotional support they need in the communities where they live. Our aim is to ensure that cancer Survivors and their loved ones don’t have to face cancer alone; we’re here to support them through every step of their cancer journey.*
* The responsibility rests with patients to contact CANSA for assistance. CANSA is not informed of any diagnoses / of patients being treated at medical centres. Family need to obtain permission from patients, before CANSA may contact them. Read more…
Support Resources for cancer Survivors & Loved Ones
CANSA’s Science & Resource Centre
CANSA’s Information Determined by Research
Current scientific evidence suggests that educating people regarding reducing cancer risk, is more effective in reducing cancer deaths, than efforts to find a cure for cancer. We strive to inform South Africans through our health campaigns based on scientific research. Our Research Department funds cancer research (more than R12 million per annum) and our Advocacy Department uses scientific research findings to create awareness regarding suspected cancer-causing substances and helps influence policy-makers with regards to the regulation of known carcinogens.
The CANSA Science & Resource Centre was officially opened in Cape Town by the city’s Executive Deputy Mayor, Alderman Ian Neilson on 28 January 2010.
The Centre houses the national CANSA Information Service, as well as all our science-driven projects and events, which are mainly focused on environmental issues.
The Centre also hosts cancer-related seminars and media events. The Centre is open to the public for information and many students use the facility for research and study purposes. The Centre also provides appropriate counselling services to cancer patients living in the proximity of Cape Town and offers the public at large use of its Seminar facilities. Read more about resources the CANSA Science & Resource Centre has to offer you…
Queries CANSA Science & Resource Centre
- Visit us: 37A Main Road, Mowbray, Cape Town (Mon to Fri from 08h00 to 16h30)
- Tel: 021 689 5381 (Mon to Fri from 08h00 to 16h30)
- Fax: 021 6891840
- Write to us: P O Box 186, Rondebosch, Cape Town, 7701