- CANSA Strelitzia Care Home (Port Elizabeth) 041 – 373 5157
CANSA Care Homes – A Home Away From Home
CANSA provides home-from-home accommodation to patients undergoing cancer treatment at oncology clinics far from their homes.
Guests at our CANSA Care Homes stay for an average of six weeks and receive meals and transport to and from treatment centres. There are currently 12 CANSA Care Homes in the main metropolitan areas.
CANSA is committed to connecting people facing cancer with information, day-to-day help as well as emotional support they need in the communities where they live. Our aim is to ensure that cancer Survivors and their loved ones don’t have to face cancer alone; we’re here to support them through every step of their cancer journey.*
* The responsibility rests with patients to contact CANSA for assistance. CANSA is not informed of any diagnoses / of patients being treated at medical centres. Family need to obtain permission from patients, before CANSA may contact them. Read more…
Arrange to Stay at a Care Home
Please contact the CANSA Care Home nearest to your treatment centre and book your stay:
Our Care Home Offering:
Magda, cancer Survivor, stayed at one of CANSA’s Care Homes, for the six weeks she was undergoing radiotherapy. She had a room overlooking the garden and made friends with two other ladies who were also staying over and receiving treatment. Every day they were transported to the treatment centre. Says Magda, “It’s wonderful here. The meals are just right when you’re not feeling so well. I don’t feel self-conscious. We’re all in the same boat.”
Make an Online Donation
Help us continue to provide this service to cancer Survivors
Support for Parents of Children with Cancer
Parents of children who are being treated for cancer are accommodated at:
- CANSA TLC Nicus Lodge (Pretoria – Gauteng) – tel: 082 073 2850 (this includes the Brian Davey Step Down Unit which provides a sterile, but family friendly environment)
- CANSA TLC Paediatric Oncology Ward (Polokwane – Limpopo) – tel: 015-297 1268
- CANSA TLC Durban Accommodation (Durban – KZN) – tel: 031-205 9525
In addition to the lodge & ward, CANSA has launched other TLC rooms & programmes in Kimberley, Port Elizabeth. TLC rooms are equipped to provide children who have cancer and their parents with the support and counselling they need. Read more…
Has Cancer Touched Your Life?
Cancer affects one in four South Africans, through diagnosis of family, friends, colleagues or self. We want you to know that you are not alone and that we would like to support you and your loved ones, regardless of how cancer has touched your life.
Find info & online resources to help you fight cancer and please read more about CANSA’s Holistic Care & Support which is offered at our CANSA Care Centres countrywide.