CANSA Socialite – Perform for a Cause
The Cancer Association of South Africa (CANSA) will be launching the popular CANSA Socialite 2018 competition in Mpumalanga and Gauteng, from April to July 2018. Participants are invited to attend scouting days which will take place at various local shopping centres, as well as alternate advertised venues. Entry on this platform is free.
First hosted by CANSA Lowveld in 2017, CANSA Socialite gives participants the opportunity to showcase their modelling, acting, dancing and singing talents, as well as becoming CANSA Ambassadors, taking the message of cancer awareness and lowering cancer risk to their communities, while also raising funds to enable CANSA to continue to offer support to those affected by cancer. Participants also stand a chance to be spotted by prestigious brand partners.
“CANSA socialite was a big motivator for my modelling career. I learnt a lot and enjoyed the experience. I even got the opportunity to understand how the industry works because of the prestigious organisations involved. I also enjoyed the group interaction and the fact that I was able to contribute towards the outstanding work that CANSA does in our community,” says Bajabulise Thela, 2017 CANSA Socialite winner.
In 2018, CANSA would like to provide a wider platform to showcase potential local ambassadors’ talents, and apart from offering a modelling category (3 to 19 years old), the CANSA Socialite categories now include the performing arts, namely: acting, singing, and dancing in which toddlers, children, teens, young adults, adults and seniors may participate.
“The aim this year is to ensure that all age groups and talents are sought out in our local communities and given the platform to showcase their talent at CANSA events, including CANSA Relay For Life, Cuppa For CANSA, Sanlam Cancer Challenge, CANSA Active and CANSA Shavathon. Entering this competition gives participants the chance to be a CANSA Ambassador in their community, while showcasing their talent and helping CANSA provide support to more people affected by cancer locally. It is an opportunity to use personal gifts and talents to make a positive difference in their own communities,” says Maria Scholtz, CANSA’s Head of Sustainability.
Participants may sign up at various advertised shopping centres in Mpumalanga and Gauteng. Alternately, they may sign up online below. Once they have signed up at shopping centres or online, participants will receive further information regarding registration and audition dates.
CANSA invites you to perform for our cause! Enter the CANSA Socialite Competition by submitting your details below.
General queries regarding the competition may be directed to Candice Paterson at email@example.com or direct call on 062 731 1854.
How to enter:
- Fill in the form below
- You will receive an email instructing you how to upload / send us your photo / video via an unique email address.
- Once you have sent us your uploads we will add the necessary CANSA Socialite look and feel onto it to share on your own social media accounts.
- Spread the word and share, share, share your image with the branding
- You will receive an SMS from us indicating the next round with R250-00 registration fee date at a Shopping Centre or CANSA Care Centre near you.
- You will be guided after the registration process on what to do in order to prepare for your official auditions in front of our panels which is set to take place in the region you signed up at.
- You will be on your way to standing a chance to being scouted by some of the most prestigious brand partners.