Products that offer protection against natural environmental elements that may lead to cancer, such as solar radiation, contaminated water and air pollution may apply to bear the CANSA Smart Choice Seal.
These products include, but are not limited to: sunscreens, UV-protective garments & apparel, sunglasses, shade items, solar and other radiation warning devices.
Smoking Cessation Programme:
- Allen Carr’s Easy Way – South Africa (smoking cessation programme)
- Avid Brands S.A. (Pty) Ltd – products: Lipsano
- Beiersdorf Consumer Products (Pty) Ltd – products: Nivea **
- Bio Earth Labs (Pty) Ltd – products: Bio Earth | Eezysun | Sunprotect – Clicks
- Burnshield (Pty) Ltd – products: Solace
- Canway (Pty) Ltd – products: IQ Sun Care
- Creighton Products (Pty) Ltd – products: Equate – Massmart | Island Tribe – Adcock Ingram | Renew Sun – Shoprite / Checkers | Sun Doctor – Mr Price | Sunprotect – Clicks | Sun Shield – Jonsson Workwear | Sun Sure – PnP
- DRA Pharmaceuticals – products: Skin Scripts
- Incobrands (Pty) Ltd – products: Everysun & Tropitone
- JDG Contract Filling (Pty) Ltd – products: CF Suncare
- Kool-a-Chem (Pty) Ltd – products: Kool-a-Sun
- LS Enterprises – products: Theravine (Sun Defence)
- Nunuki for little humans (Pty) Ltd – products: Skincare for little humans
- Oh Lief – products: Oh Lief Natural Sunscreen
- Reitzer Pharmaceuticals (Pty) Ltd – products: Pure Sun
- Shield Chemicals (Pty) Ltd – products: Sola – Spar | SunLab – Dischem | Sunprotect – Clicks
- Stuf Solutions – products: Stuf Sunscreen
- Technikon Laboratories (Pty) Ltd – products: Techniblock Sunscreen
- The Hospitality Brand Company – products: AfriSun
List of partners updated January 2019.
** Nivea sunscreen is approved by CANSA, however, our SunSmart Seal will not appear on their sunscreen as their product containers / packaging are printed in Basel in Germany – South Africa represents less than 1 % of their annual sunscreen turnover and so it does not warrant printing a separate range with the CANSA Seal, just for South Africa. Nivea sunscreen is also packaged and wrapped on pallets in Basel, from where it is sent directly to the various retail distribution centres in South Africa, which dis-allows the local branch to even apply CANSA stickers. Nivea does however, apply the CANSA SunSmart Choice Seal to their promotion material.
UV-Protective Garments & Apparel
Look out for CANSA’s swing tags (right) & SunSmart Choice logo (top right) on clothing, hats & summer fun accessories.
UV-Protective Garments & Apparel Partners:
- Cinnamon Designs – products: UV-protective hats
- Falke – products: Protective Arm Sleeves
- Fig Distibution (Pty) Ltd – products: Emthunzini Hats
- Headmasters – products: Cape Union Mart sun hats
- Oggi Clothing (Pty) Ltd – products: UV-protective garments
- Republic Umbrella Manufacturers – products: UV-protective beach umbrellas
- Second Skins Manufacturing
- Sun Sleeves
- Urban Beach Clothing
- Woolworths Holdings Ltd – products: UV-protective garments
Lorinda van Dyk (CANSA Seal of Recognition Coordinator)
Tel: 021-689 5347