CANSA Mobile Health Clinics & MANVan
CANSA has eight Mobile Health Clinics travelling to remote areas throughout South Africa to reach women and men who would otherwise not have access to screening, and a CANSA Hollard MANVan.
CANSA Mobile Health Clinics
Contact your local CANSA Care Centre regarding the Mobile Health Clinic’s schedule for your area, or to arrange for screening at the Care Centre.
- Clinical Breast Examinations and how to do self-breast examinations
- How to do testicular self-examinations to reduce the risk of testicular cancer
- Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) – a finger-prick blood test or full blood test to help detect prostate abnormalities
- Pap smears – screening test for early diagnosis of cervical cancer
- Lifestyle risk assessments to assess your cancer risk
- Blood pressure and glucose testing
- Height and weight measurement for Body Mass Index to advise on maintaining a healthy weight
- Information on the cancer warning signs for adults and children
CANSA wishes to thank the ILoveBoobies team for raising money to bring our Mobile Health Clinics to remote areas for early breast cancer detection – read more about their past awareness and fundraising efforts and visit the ILoveBoobies website to support them.
CANSA Hollard MANVan
The CANSA MANVan, in partnership with Hollard, provides a mobile health clinic that delivers free health checks and cancer awareness sessions directly to communities across South Africa. This is a unique, one of a kind offering targeting men.
The MANVan is a compact mobile clinic which can access remote venues to provide education, awareness and screening offerings to individuals. The programme empowers the man in the street to lower his cancer risk and to support the diagnosed prostate and testicular cancer patients to take control of their own cancer journey.
The MANVan is shared between all regions that participate in the Hollard Daredevil Run.
Contact your local CANSA Care Centre regarding the MANVan’s schedule, or to arrange for screening at the Care Centre.
- Blood pressure
- Blood sugar level
- BMI and a body composition analysis
- Skin scanner analysis – FotoFinder skin screening ( on request)
- ** Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) fingerpick tests for males older then 40
- Health awareness sessions offering advice on improving health and providing information on the early signs and symptoms of various cancers
** PSA is a protein produced by both cancerous (malignant) and non-cancerous (benign) prostate tissue. High PSA levels may indicate inflammation of the prostate or even cancer. A blood test or finger prick test can establish if PSA levels are raised. Read more about PSA screening & how to interpret test results…
- 2015 / 16: 3 954 tests done; 120 abnormalities detected
- 2016 / 17: 7 924 tests done; 135 abnormalities detected
- 2017 / 2018: 1 751 tests done; 85 abnormalities detected
- 2018 / 2019: 4 018 tests done; 191 abnormalities detected
TOTAL over the period 2015 – 2019: 17 647 tests done; 531 abnormalities detected
Make an Online Donation
Consider making an online donation to help fund our CANSA Mobile Health Clinic visits to screen men and women in remote communities…