- Mr. Bugs Pancha
- Board Chair: Mr. Derek Foster
- Vice Board Chair: Prof. Patrick Arbuthnot
- Audit Committee Chair: Mr Bothwell A Mazarura
- Investment Committee Chair: Ms Vuyokazi Memani-Sedile
- Remuneration Committee (REMCO) Chair: Dr Martin Mandew
- Research Committee (RESCOM) Chair: Prof. Patrick Arbuthnot
- Social and Ethics Committee Chair: Dr. Rosie Mngqibisa
- Chairpersons Committee Chair: Mr. Derek Foster
- Governors Committee Chair: Mr. Bugs Pancha
- Nominations Committee Chair: Mr. Derek Foster
- Judge SPB Hancke
- CEO: Mrs. Elize Joubert
- CFO: Mr. Rudolf van Jaarsveld
Chairperson Board of Directors & CEO
Mr. Derek Forster: Chairperson BOD
Tel: 011-616 7662
Email: Belinda Wessels – email@example.com
Ms Elize Joubert: Chief Executive Officer CANSA
Elize was appointed as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) as of 10 February 2014, while continuing to fulfil her role as COO. Read press release…
Elize has been part of CANSA since 1990 and was appointed in 1991 as Provincial Director of CANSA: Free State and Northern Cape. She has contributed significantly to the development and growth of CANSA over the years inter alia by:
- Writing and composing various National Policy Documents
- Contributing significantly to the design of the CANSA Business and Operating Models
- Developing many Manuals and Modules for CANSA Service Delivery & Human Resources Management
Elize has acted as CEO for CANSA during the following periods:
- October 2001 – February 2002
- November 2005 – May 2006
- February 2014 – September 2015
She was elected in 2007 to serve on the first Operational Executive Committee to assist the CEO with day-to-day operational management and was appointed as Chief Operations Officer (COO) and Executive Director of the CANSA Board in September 2008.
Elize has all the experience and strength in terms of qualities and leadership to ensure that CANSA remains steadfast, continues to grow service delivery, strengthens volunteer numbers, as well as enhances CANSA’s partnerships.
- Represented CANSA at first, second, fourth and seventh International Conferences for Cancer Organisations, respectively held in Melbourne 1996, Atlanta 1999, Ireland 2004, Canada in 2011, China in 2014 and Paris 2016. Delivered papers on Care and Support Service aspects and Governance of CANSA at the conferences
- Organised the first International Union against Cancer (UICC) Conference, which was hosted by CANSA in 1999, and was attended by 13 countries
- Appointed by UICC to serve as a UICC Copes representative for Africa for many years
- Was appointed in 2002 by the Free State MEC for Health in a personal capacity for a 5 year term as a member of the Provincial Health Advisory Board
- Was appointed by the Free State Department of Health to serve as a member of their Steering Committee to develop a holistic Community Home Based Care Model for the Free State which is still currently implemented.
- Served over the years on many forums and task teams per invitation and election of the Department of Health and Department of Social Development in the Free State as well as on various NGO Forums.
- Received acknowledgement from the National Minister of Welfare for this initiative and contribution to better relationships between Private Welfare and the Provincial Welfare Department in the Free State.
- Serves on the Executive Director of CANSA Board of Directors since 2008.
- CEO effectively steered the organisation through a Turnaround Strategy since 2008. First in an Acting CEO capacity and again after appointment as CEO. Lead the transformation of CANSA to be a leading NPO internationally, which complies with King IV governance principles.
The organisation has won various awards under the leadership of Elize in her capacity as CEO:
- 2016: Chartered Secretaries Southern Africa Annual Report Award: NGO Category.
- 2016: Rated as one of the coolest brands in the Sunday Times.
- 2014 and 2015: Diamond Arrow 1st Overall National Survey on Corporate Social Responsibility Programmes and Initiatives – in the NGO Sector.
- Generation Next Brand Survey – Community Programmes Category.
- 2015: Charities – Most Highly Commended.
- 2014: Charities Winner – South Africa’s Most Trusted Brand by Reader’s Digest.
- Stellenbosch University Vice-Chancellors Award – 2-13 Gold for Generosity and Excellence.
- 2013: Winner – Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Award: Best Sustainability Reporting: NGO Category.
- Charity with most votes for donations from online competition of Just Play.
- The Testi-monial video won four awards, two local and two international (Cannes Lion and Loerie).
- Serves on the Leadership Forum of the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) as representative of CANSA. The UICC consists of more than one thousand member organisations working on cancer control in their respective countries.
- A member of the UICC CEO International Forum from 2016.
- Serves on the Executive Committee of the Non-Communicable Diseases Alliance of South Africa since 2014, where CANSA is one of four founder members. CEO also represents SA in capacity on the Global NCD Alliance.
- Currently serves on the Executive Committee of the Cancer Alliance of SA since 2014. The Cancer Alliance consists of 25 organisations working on various aspects to ensure cancer control in South Africa.
- CEO represented South Africa NCD Alliance in May 2017 at the World Health Organisation Assembly in Geneva.
- Represented UICC at the World Health AFRO Meeting in Zimbabwe in August 2017.
- CEO represented CANSA and SAWCDA at the Global NCD Alliance Conference in Sharjah in the United Arab Emirates in December 2017.
Recent honours and awards:
- 2017: Finalist Top Business Women of the Year Award 2017 for Top Performing Public Service in SA.
- 2017: One of five finalists for Corporate Top Performing SA Business Leader of the Year Award 2017 in the open category. Only CEO of a Non-Profit Organisation to ever reach this position in the 13 years of this Award.
- 2016 / 2017: Top Women Award (Standard Bank) 2016/2017 in Public Service Category
- 2015: Continental Winner of Africa’s Most Influential Women in Civil Society category in November 2015.
- 2015: Won two awards in the 2015 Africa’s Most Influential Women (MIW) in Business & Government Awards: ‘Country Winner for South Africa’ & Winner for ‘SADC South Region’ – Category: ‘Welfare and Civil Society Organisations’
View full Profile (updated February 2018)
Tel: 011-616 7662
Email: Belinda Wessels – firstname.lastname@example.org