Dear Potential Volunteer
Thank you for offering your time to volunteer for us. The incidence of cancer is rising and so we appreciate more South Africans becoming actively involved in the fight against cancer. We’re always excited to welcome new volunteers into our CANSA family!
Volunteers help us to care and make our communities a better place, and since its inception, our volunteers have been the backbone and the lifeblood of our organisation. Our trained volunteers are our foot soldiers in the fight against cancer and they are carrying out invaluable work in areas of need. Without our volunteers, CANSA would not be able to provide its’ holistic care & support to those affected by cancer.
To help us identify where your knowledge and skills can be utilised best, please complete the online form below. Once your application has been received and processed, we can then be in touch and let you know when the next relevant volunteer training course is taking place. Thank you in advance for your time and effort.
- Volunteers are not paid
- Volunteers do receive training relevant to the area they wish to become involved in
- Preference will be given to Volunteers with a valid driver’s license and their own transport
We Need Your Skills
CANSA Needs Volunteers to Help With:
- education: conducting educational programmes; development of educational / training material / resources; Toktokkie or youth outreach;
- care & support: Help those affected by cancer to cope more effectively through physical care of patients in their homes; emotional support to patients, loved ones or caregivers (counselling / support groups); practical assistance to patients (provision of assistive devices and equipment, transport, shopping); practical assistance at oncology clinics or day care centres
- fundraising: Assist us with the planning, execution and wrap-up of our fundraising projects; become involved in our national fundraising projects, CANSA Shavathon; CANSA Relay For Life; Cuppa For CANSA; CANSA Active and Sanlam Cancer Challenge
- admin: Make our load a little lighter by answering the telephone, taking messages, doing administrative / office work at our CANSA Care Centres
- research: projects (data collection)
- advocacy: work with legislators
- marketing: projects; public speaking & media liaison
- recruitment: recruitment and training of volunteers
- training: volunteer your professional skills and training free of charge to patients / staff / volunteers