Research Funding and Grants
We are one of the largest sponsors of cancer research in South Africa and invite researchers in the field of cancer to submit grant applications for funding of the following projects/programmes.
- Type A projects – Projects initiated and executed at institutions such as universities and parastatal organisations
- Type B projects – Environmental carcinogen research projects initiated and managed by CANSA
- Type C projects – Projects concerning the service of CANSA, initiated or agreed to by CANSA
- Type E projects – Travel, Study or Overseas Visitors Programme
By funding only the best science, we ensure that we have the highest chance of making significant progress. Applications for funding are peer reviewed by experts in the field of cancer.
Type “A’ category defines research projects presented to us by established scientists at recognised institutions. Click here to apply for a new Type A Research grant.
This section of CANSA Research provides information for our grantees and for research administrators involved in CANSA Research grant management. Click here for Grant reporting forms and instructions, Application forms and Rules & regulations.
- Ask a question or make a comment regarding our research funding in the box at the bottom of this page.
- Read more about CANSA research here.