Questions you should ask your doctor before chemotherapy treatment starts
Before you begin chemotherapy – Chemotherapy can help treat cancer, but it can also have a host of side effects. Here are a few questions that you should ask your doctor before treatment starts.
- How will I know if the chemotherapy is working, and how will it help my prognosis?
- How long will my treatments last?
- What side effects can I expect, and how can I manage them?
- Will any side effects subside after the chemotherapy has ended, or are they permanent?
- Can I still live a normal life while on chemo?
- Can I go to work (or school)?
- How can I physically and mentally prepare for chemotherapy?
Courtesy of HealthDay