You may be facing:
- constant stress;
- experiencing feelings of fear, anger or guilt;
- dealing with a lack of sleep;
- being concerned regarding finances for treatment & day-to-day living expenses;
- being anxious or confused regarding treatment options;
- worrying about other siblings / family members;
- not sure if you will cope with work, or if your employer will be supportive;
- dealing with well meant, but insensitive responses to what you & your family are going through
- or dealing with rejection by your community due to myths regarding cancer
This can be overwhelming and we would like to invite you to join our CANSA TLC Facebook Group, where we can offer guidance and support & where you will meet other parents walking this road.
We would also like to make you aware of our CANSA TLC (Tough Living with Cancer) service offering to support children / teens and families affected by cancer, including our TLC facilities (accommodation for parents of children receiving treatment / TLC Support Rooms) – read more about this here…
You can also find useful information regarding Childhood Cancer in our fact sheets.
Let’s take hands and fight Childhood Cancer together!
Vera van Dalen
(National Project Manager CANSA TLC)