Logistics – CANSA Research in Action Conference – July 2018
The Cancer Association of SA (CANSA) and the University of Pretoria are pleased to announce that the next CANSA Research in Action Conference will be held at the University of Pretoria in the Tswelopele complex (Prinshof campus, Faculty of Health Sciences) from Tuesday, 3rd July to Thursday, 5th July 2018. Download the advertisement.
Prinshof is an area in Pretoria. It is the home of the Faculty of Health Sciences of the University of Pretoria and the Steve Biko Hospital (formerly the Pretoria Academic Hospital). Prinshof is also the name of a school in Pretoria for partially sighted children.
We are anticipating that the Cancer Research Conference at Prinshof campus will be the place where intellectual “sparks” can and will ignite. We see this as an incubator for South African cancer research.
Download Research in Action Conference Provisional Programme (dated 25 April 2018)
We are planning on publishing webcasts of all the sessions on the official programme, where speaker permission is granted, after the conference on this website.
Poster Session for Students:
The Conference will include a poster session dedicated to all the students currently conducting research on CANSA Type A grants. We have four bursaries available to award to students attached to current Type A projects. More information and abstract guidelines…
Registration & Fees
- Click here to register
- For enquiries, please email Alice Victor at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that this is not a Call for Abstracts, all speakers will be confirmed on the programme
- R500 for full conference (all three days)
- R100 for half day, 3 July (starting at 11:00, includes lunch and refreshments)
- R250 for full day, 4 July
- R250 for full day, 5 July
- Full conference day includes lunch and refreshments
- Costs for the Awards event on 4 July will be sponsored and delegates would not have to contribute
Step 1 Register online…
Step 2 E-mail/Fax proof of payment (if applicable) to email@example.com / 0865 128 604
Step 3 Ensure that you receive a confirmation by e-mail from CANSA within 10 working days
It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that we have received your registration.
Option 1: Direct bank deposit
- ABSA Bank
- Account: CANSA Research
- Account number: 4079965964
- Branch: 632005
- Reference: RConf+Name+Surname (your name and surname as it appears on the registration form)
Option 2: Payment through Snapscan app
- Install and register the Snapscan app on your mobile phone.
- Tap Scan in the app.
- Direct your phone at this QR Code:
- Type in amount and reference “ResearchConf + Your Name and Surname” and tap Pay
- Type in PIN code and confirm
Full Registration fee includes:
- Access to all conference sessions Tuesday – Thursday
- Tea breaks and lunches on all conference days
- Access to exhibitions
- CANSA documentation
You can earn CPD points by attending the CANSA Research in Action 2018 Conference. The purpose of CPD is to assist health professionals to maintain and acquire new and updated levels of knowledge, skills and ethical attitudes that will be of measurable benefit in professional practice and to enhance and promote professional integrity. You will have to register daily at the Conference Registration Desk to earn the CPD points accordingly and will be sent a certificate after the conference.
Registration fee excludes:
- Accommodation expenses
- CANSA has secured group accommodation at University of Pretoria Cum Laude Flats in Hatfield at reduced rates for delegates’ own account (R417-50 to R655 per person per night, breakfast and dinner not included). Should you wish to make use of this option, please contact Alice Victor, CANSA Science & Resource Centre Manager – email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, view list of accommodation located close to the conference venue (also for delegates’ own account).
- Travel expenses
- Travel insurance
Notice of cancellation must be received in writing by 29 June. There will be no refunds.
Queries CANSA Research
For more information please contact Alice Victor, CANSA Science & Resource Centre Manager – email: email@example.com or tel: 021-689 5381.