The following health campaigns are launched throughout the country, via CANSA’s Care Centres, during the course of the year.
Important days of celebration to raise awareness of cancer, are included:
- January: SunSmart; Testi-monials (testicular cancer awareness)
- February: World Cancer Day (4 Feb) – “We Can, I Can” theme global awareness cancer; Testi-monials (testicular cancer awareness)
- March to April: Balanced Lifestyle; World Kidney Day (10 March); World Health Day (10 April)
- May: No-Tobacco; World No Tobacco Day (31st May)
- June: Men’s Health; International cancer Survivors’ Day
- July: Environment; Nelson Mandela Day (18 July)
- August: CANSA Care Month – our care & support services – 85th Year Celebration
- September: Youth Health & Childhood Cancer
- October: Women’s Health
- November: SunSmart; World Pancreatic Day (17 November)
- December: International Volunteers’ Day (5th Dec); Universal Health Day (12 Dec)
Download CANSA’s Calendar for 2016 to view fundraising campaigns coinciding with CANSA’s health campaigns & important days of celebration.