Enter Team in 4th CANSA Relay For Life Corporate Event – 20 September 2014
Take Part In CANSA’s Relay For Life Corporate Event
Cancer is a disease that affects almost every person at every workplace or community in some way. But for those who are affected right now and for those who may be diagnosed in the future, there is more hope now than ever before.
Help fulfil your workplace social responsibility, while enjoying the opportunity for branding and team-building (CANSA is a level Four B-BBEE Contributor).
Show your support to those affected by cancer in your workplace and their loved ones, by entering a team in our CANSA Relay For Life Corporate Event on the 20th September 2014 – see video, more info and contact details below…
You & Your Colleagues Are Invited:
- Participate in our 4th CANSA Relay For Life Corporate Event…
- Why participate in this event?
- What happens at this event?
- Sponsorship & branding opportunities
- Team Registration & team information…
- Survivors & Caregivers participating are invited to sign up as V.I.P. Guests
- Win prizes for best spirit, raising the most money and best Relay Team outfit!
- Date: 20th to 21st September 2014 (Sat – Sun)
- Time: 16:00 (Sat) to 06:00 (Sun)
- Venue: Denel Properties, Nellmapius Road, Irene, Centurion (Pretoria)
Queries re Event & Registration:
- Elise Fourie | Telephone: 012 348 1342 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katryn Saunders | Telephone: 012 348 1342 | Email: email@example.com
- Cathy Batchellier: | Telephone: 073 307 8932 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Relay For Life
Relay For Life is truly a special one-of-a kind overnight experience offering you and your workplace the opportunity to fight against cancer. It represents the hope that those lost to cancer will never be forgotten, that those facing cancer will be supported and that one day cancer will be overcome. Help us raises awareness and much needed funds to fight cancer.
During Relay, teams of 10-15 co-workers, friends, neighbours and families commit to keeping at least one member walking the track at all times because cancer never sleeps.
Each team submits a commitment or registration fee. We also encourage teams to raise funds leading up to the event.
Teams set up camp around the track before the CANSA Relay For Life event opens with the moving Survivors Lap of Honour followed by a Caregivers lap. After sunset the candles are lit in the Luminaria bags that line the track. Everyone gathers round to pay tribute and remember those lost to cancer, support those fighting cancer and rejoice with those who have fought the disease and won. Come and enjoy camping-out, entertainment, good food, games, networking and community camaraderie.
People who join, all share a common purpose – their desire to fight cancer and to support CANSA who enable research, educate the public and provide support to all affected by cancer.