Curves SA helps Women to Be Active and Reduce Cancer Risk
Maintaining healthy activity levels and weight as part of a balanced lifestyle is the key to healthy living and reducing cancer risk.
Curves South Africa is joining CANSA’s efforts to increase women’s activity levels:
Join any of the 77 Curves gyms in South Africa between 1 – 31 October at a 50% discount while also giving 50% of the discounted rate to CANSA.
Research shows that obesity is linked to colorectal cancer – which is the 5th most common type of cancer among SA men & 4th most common for SA women
(NCR 2010). Obesity is associated with an increased risk of several other cancers, including those of the breast (in women post-menopause), endometrium (the lining of the uterus), oesophagus, pancreas, and kidney, among others.
At Curves you can lose weight AND keep it off! Their program firms & tones, and you can lose up to one kilogram of FAT per week! With the Curves Complete program, you don’t lose water mass or muscle mass. They offer a healthy, scientifically researched program. You can achieve all of this in a comfortable, supportive, ladies-only environment. They offer a FULL BODY workout in just 30 minutes, with motivation and support to help you reach your goals!
- Adults: should engage in at least 30 minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity, above usual activities, on five or more days of the week.
- Children and adolescents: should engage in at least 60 minutes per day of moderate to vigorous physical activity at least five days per week.
Check with your registered healthcare professional before starting an exercise programme.
- Website: www.curvesafrica.com
- Like Curves South Africa on Facebook
- Follow Curves South Africa on Twitter