Countdown to Lace-Up for Cancer 2017
The Hospice Palliative Care Association (HPCA) and Cancer Alliance, in partnership with Cancer Care**, will be hosting the annual Lace-Up For Cancer Fun Walk / Run on Sunday, 5th February 2017 at the Green Point Track (Fritz Sonnenberg Road), Cape Town.
This will be the 5th instalment of what has become a favourite for fitness enthusiasts and people who have been affected by cancer, coming together to raise much-needed funds for various charities supporting cancer patients, survivors and their families.
“The event serves as an opportunity for the HPCA to meet one of its core objectives i.e. promoting quality in life, dignity in death and support in bereavement for all living with a life-threatening illness,” HPCA Communications officer, Eric Watlington, said.
The Cancer Alliance is the beneficiary of the event which is a collective group of non-profit organisations advocating for better care & support for cancer patients and their families. The organising committee has representatives from:
- The Sunflower Fund
- Love Your Nuts
- People Living With Cancer
How to Enter
- Participants can register in store at Sportsman Warehouse Rondebosch & Tygervalley.
- Alternatively, register online at www.justonline.co.za (online entries close Sunday 29 January 2017).
- Participants can choose between a 5 km fun walk / run or the 10 km fun walk option.
- Entry fee: R100 per person or R300 for a team of four.
For more information call 021-633 0507.
**Cancer Care was previously known as GVI Oncology