Comrades Marathon for CANSA
Sunday, 1 June 2014
The first Comrades Marathon took place on 24th May 1921, starting outside the City Hall in Pietermaritzburg with 34 runners. It has continued since then every year with the exception of the war years 1941-1945, with the direction alternating each year between Pietermaritzburg and Durban, the so called up & down runs.
Be a part of history and run the ups and downs of the race in the same way a cancer survivor would run his/her race in the fight against cancer.
CANSA promotes everyone to be active and healthy in the fight to reduce cancer risk. Taking part in the Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon for CANSA will give you the opportunity to have some Feel Good Fun, while raising awareness and funds for CANSA and the fight against cancer in SA.
Each runner is encouraged to mobilise their own family, friends, colleagues and community to donate funds towards sponsoring their ride – funds raised will go directly to CANSA. You will help CANSA to raise awareness on living a balanced lifestyle & cycling safely in the sun, as more than 30% of cancers can be prevented by making smart choices with regards to diet and lifestyle.
Our CANSA Active Comrades Marathon Campaign gives you the opportunity to participate in the ultra-marathon race, while raising funds to support our holistic care & support to those affected by cancer.
Create Your Own Online Fundraising Campaign
All you need to create an online fundraising project page for CANSA, using GivenGain’s secure digital platform, is an email address or a Facebook account! See the steps you need to follow here.
Steps for Individual Online Fundraising Activists:
How it Works:
- See an example of an individual online fundraising project (Vicky Hyland)
- How to create your individual fundraising project (PDF)
- Tips to promote your online fundraising project page (PDF)
- Remember to post fun updates and direct your supporters to your project page on a regular basis!
Let’s get started!
- Become a Fundraising Activist – create your own fundraising page for CANSA Active Run
- Support the Activist of your choice – find Activist’s fundraising page for CANSA Active Run
- Make a general donation towards CANSA Active Run