CANSA’s Seal of Recognition (CSOR), namely the CANSA Smart Choice Seal (CSCS), is placed on these products (e.g. packaging materials & containers) to help consumers identify products free of harmful chemicals linked by research to cancer.
For example, products that do not leach carcinogenic substances into food taken in by mouth; or that can be absorbed through the skin; and / or which may be inhaled.
Requirements for CANSA’s Seal of Recognition
Non-edible consumer products have to pass stringent South African National Standards (SANS) tests and / or similar International Standards tests to qualify for CANSA’s Smart Choice Seal (CSCS) on either the product or the packaging.
Non-Edible Consumer Goods Partners (2014 to 2015)
- Clorox Africa (Pty) Ltd – product: GLAD Wrap
- Green Kid Stainless – product: Green Kid Stainless Steel Bottles
- Hulla Baloo (Pty) Ltd – product: Klean Kanteen Stainless Steel Bottles
- Rapid Imports & Exports cc – product: Rapid Car Sun Visors
- Sanwyn Enterprises (Pty) Ltd – products: Tuffy Cling Wrap (in-house brands: Shoprite; Checkers; Pick n Pay & SPAR)
- Superthene Films (Pty) Ltd – product: Superthene Industrial Cling Wrap