CANSA Research in Action Conference July 2015
Registration is now CLOSED as we have reached full capacity. – CANSA and Stellenbosch University (incorporating the African Cancer Institute) are pleased to announce that the CANSA Research in Action Conference will be held from 14 to 16 July 2015. CANSA aims to bring together the SA cancer research community spanning the research spectrum from epidemiology, early diagnosis of cancer, reducing cancer risk, services for cancer patients and survivors as well as research relating to cancer biology/biochemistry/molecular biology to policy research.
Cancer Association of SA (CANSA) | Stellenbosch University [incorporating African Cancer Institute (ACI)]
The STIAS (Stellenbosch Institute for Advanced Study) is modelled on the 83-year old Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton NJ where Albert Einstein, Freeman Dyson and Kurt Godel, amongst many others, produced brilliant intellectual contributions. We are anticipating that the Cancer Research Conference at STIAS will be the place where intellectual “sparks” can and will ignite. We see this as an incubator for South African cancer research.
Download CANSA Research in Action Conference Programme (dated 10 July 2015)
We are planning on publishing webcasts of all the sessions on the official programme, where speaker permission is granted, after the conference on this website.
Registration & Fees
- Registration is now CLOSED as the conference are filled to capacity.
- For enquiries, please email Alice Victor at email@example.com
- Please note that this is not a Call for Abstracts, all speakers have been confirmed on the programme.
- R250 for full conference (all three days)
- R80 for half day, 14 July (starting at 11:00, includes lunch and refreshments)
- R100 for full day, 15 July
- R100 for full day, 16 July
- Full conference day includes lunch and refreshments
- Costs for the Awards Dinner at STIAS on 15 July are sponsored by a donor and delegates would not have to contribute.
Step 1 If you have registered online, proceed to step 2.
Step 2 E-MAIL / FAX proof of payment (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org / 0865 128 604
Step 3 Ensure that that you receive a confirmation by e-mail from CANSA within 10 working days.
It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that we have received your registration.
Option 1: Direct bank deposit
- ABSA Bank
- Account: CANSA Research
- Account number: 4079965964
- Branch: 632005
- Reference: Your name and surname as it appears on the registration form.
Option 2: Payment through Snapscan app
- Install and register the Snapscan app on your mobile phone.
- Tap Scan in the app.
- Direct your phone at this QR Code:
- Type in amount and reference “ResearchConf + Your Name and Surname” and tap Pay.
- Type in PIN code and confirm.
Full Registration fee includes:
- Access to all conference sessions Tuesday – Thursday
- Tea breaks and lunches on all conference days
- Access to exhibitions
- CANSA documentation
You can earn CPD points by attending the CANSA Research in Action 2015 Conference.
The purpose of CPD is to assist health professionals to maintain and acquire new and updated levels of knowledge, skills and ethical attitudes that will be of measurable benefit in professional practice and to enhance and promote professional integrity.
You will have to register daily at the Conference Registration Desk to earn the CPD points accordingly and will be sent a certificate after the conference.
Registration fee excludes:
- Accommodation expenses
- CANSA has secured group accommodation at a University Stellenbosch hostel at reduced rates for delegates’ own account (R450 per person per night, breakfast and a light dinner included). Should you wish to make use of this option, please contact Alice Victor, CANSA Science & Resource Centre Manager – email: email@example.com. Alternatively, view list of accommodation located close to the conference venue (also for delegates’ own account).
- Travel expenses
- Travel insurance
Notice of cancellation must be received in writing by 8 July. There will be no refunds.
Queries CANSA Research
For more information please contact Alice Victor, CANSA Science & Resource Centre Manager – email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 021-689 5381.