CANSA Mobile Health Clinics & Man Van
CANSA has nine Mobile Health Clinics travelling to remote areas throughout South Africa to reach women and men who would otherwise not have access to screening.
They offer the following:
- Clinical Breast Examinations and how to do self-breast examinations
- How to do testicular self-examinations to reduce the risk of testicular cancer
- Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) – a finger-prick blood test or full blood test to help detect prostate abnormalities
- Pap smears – screening test for early diagnosis of cervical cancer
- Lifestyle risk assessments to assess your cancer risk
- Blood pressure and glucose testing
- Height and weight measurement for Body Mass Index to advise on maintaining a healthy weight
- Information on the cancer warning signs for adults and children
Mobile Health Clinic Schedule
Download schedule for your region to find out when and where the mobile health clinic will be:
- Gauteng: TBA
- Gauteng: TBA
- KZN: TBA
- Western Cape: December 2016
Make an Online Donation
Consider making an online donation to help fund our CANSA Mobile Health Clinic visits to remote communities…
Hollard “Man Van” Schedule
CANSA now has a Man Van, donated by Hollard, which is shared between all regions that participate in the Hollard Daredevil Run, namely, Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban.
With the help of Hollard, CANSA provides free Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) tests, in the Hollard Man Van, to men over the age of 40.
PSA is a protein produced by both cancerous (malignant) and non-cancerous (benign) prostate tissue. High PSA levels may indicate inflammation of the prostate or even cancer. A blood test or finger prick test can establish if PSA levels are raised.
Find out when and where the Man Van will be:
- Schedule Western Cape – November to December 2016
- Schedule Western Cape – October to November 2016 (total PSA Screenings done: 333)