CANSA Mobile Health Clinic at Health, Sexuality & Lifestyle Expo
Now in its 10th year, Sexpo, Africa’s largest human sensuality and lifestyle expo, and one of South Africa’s favourite annual exhibitions, is back, and will be helping to raise awareness of cancer. Its 2016 incarnation sees a new date, new venue and the introduction of some new touches, including a partnership with the Cancer Association of South Africa (CANSA).
Sean Newman, managing director, Sexpo,”We are very proud of our partnership with CANSA. This being our 10th anniversary, and with CANSA on board as our CSI partner it showcases how Sexpo has come of age and takes health seriously.”
Says Elize Joubert, CANSA CEO, “We aim to offer visitors and exhibitors the opportunity to understand the different forms of cancer, specifically linked to sexual behaviour, by providing information and creating awareness regarding the two top female cancers, as well as the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV). It’s all about lowering the cancer risk as much as possible through education and offering screening.”
On top of all the fun at Sexpo 2016, CANSA’s Mobile Health Clinic will be on hand to provide health information and screening such as clinical breast and skin examinations, as well as offering healthy lifestyle risk assessments & HIV rapid finger prick tests to Sexpo visitors. CANSA will also be on-hand to answer any health related queries visitors may need answered.
- Dates: Thursday, 27 October to Sunday, 30 October 2016
- Times: Thursday 11am to 10pm; Friday 11am to 11pm; Saturday 10am to 11pm; and Sunday 10am to 6pm.
- Venue: Hall 6, Johannesburg Expo Centre, Nasrec, corner Nasrec and Rand Show roads, Johannesburg (SEXPO map to venue)
- Restrictions: Strictly over 18 years only
- Pricing: Thursday R100 (Silver), R250 (Gold); Friday-Sunday R150 (Silver) and R250 (Gold)
- Tickets: Computicket
- Web: www.sexpo.co.za