CANSA Durban Launches TLC Family Accommodation
On the 11th November 2014 the TLC (Tough Living with Cancer) Durban Family Accommodation pre-launch was held at the CANSA Durban Care Centre.
Without the support and donations of many companies, friends and supporters this facility would not have been possible. Even a few hours prior to the event hard labour by loving friends, volunteers and people who care for children with cancer, was still ongoing.
This three bedroom self-help facility will officially be open in March 2015 to make an impact by offering accommodation for families of children / teenagers who have no where else to stay, while their child is in Durban for oncology treatment. Currently we will be able to accommodate 9 – 12 people at a time. Counselling and accommodation forms part of TLC support for our youth.
A Huge Thank You to our Sponsors
We wish to acknowledge sponsors and all who negotiated on our behalf to convert this space into such a beautiful haven:
- SAAB in Centurion and FNB donated furniture to convert this space in a high quality home-away-from-home.
- City Couriers was the main sponsor of this event donating R110 000-00 to enable us to turn this run down section of office into a homely space. City Couriers transported all of the furniture from Gauteng to Durban free of charge, and their staff helped us prepare for the launch.
- Conrite Walls sponsored R20 000-00 and Chemspec Paints generously donated all of the paint for the area valued at R25 000-00.
- Bonita Suckling from Rainbows and Smiles donated R9 000-00 to go towards all of the extra’s needed to decorate and make it feel homely and all of our kitchen items and our brand new stove.
- Zebbies Lighting sponsored all of our lighting, globes and fittings.
- Mr Price Home and Sheet Street were amazing, donating bedding; pictures; kitchen goods and utensils.
- The Moethelah Family donated R8 000-00 for all the burglar bars and other extra’s needed.
- Classic Trading donated all of our sinks, taps, hoses and bath.
- ADD Construction gave us a R20 000-00 discount on their fee and OWA Ceiling Systems gave us a R10 000-00 discount on dry walling.
We would like to thank every single person that offered their time, effort, kindness, painting and sanding skills. Thanks to those who helped us crack off tiles, paint skirting boards, clean floors, neaten the garden, make the beds and decorate the rooms. Every single one of you made a difference. We are so grateful for all of your support, it means the world to us.
We are looking forward to offering this service to the public from the 13 March 2014. Without our sponsors and volunteers this family facility would not have been possible!
Please contact the CANSA Durban Care Centre…