CANSA Cancer Research Grant Applications for 2017
The Cancer Association of South Africa (CANSA) has funding available for research projects initiated and executed at South African institutions such as universities and parastatal organisations. The purpose of this funding is to support high-quality research that will reduce risk, advance management and improve outcomes for the most common cancers in South Africa.
Proposals on the following topics are invited:
- Epidemiology and determinants of the burden of cancer in South African populations
- Health seeking behaviours and early detection and diagnosis of cancer
- Health promotion and risk reduction of cancer, with a particular focus on behavioural risk reduction
- Optimal patient care including rehabilitation and palliative care services
- Other health services and health system research relating to the above categories
- Research relating to cancer biology/biochemistry/molecular biology as these relate to early detection, risk reduction and patient care
In keeping with these research focus areas, we specifically invite applications from public health and social science disciplines. We are particularly interested in considering submissions from researchers who may not have traditionally worked on cancer, but who may bring important perspectives from other health disciplines to cancer-specific research questions.
Researchers interested in applying for a grant should contact the CANSA Research Administration office on telephone (021) 689 5381 or email email@example.com to obtain more information about eligibility and the application process. All applications will be evaluated strictly on scientific merit and awards made appropriately. The closing date for applications is 31 May 2016. No late applications will be considered.
To obtain more information on CANSA’s research activities/research focus areas, visit www.cansa.org.za/cancer-research/
CANSA Science & Resource Centre Manager
Telephone: 021 689 5381
Fax: 0865 128 604
P O Box 186, Rondebosch 7701, Cape Town 8001, South Africa
CANSA Registration number: 000-524 NPO