CancerCare Coping Kit
We know how scary and stressful a cancer diagnosis can be. Our CANSA Cancercare Coping Kit offers information to empower & support you to deal with a cancer diagnosis, treatment, possible complications & changes in body image, emotions and social issues.
It also provides practical advice to you, your loved ones, caregivers and friends to help make your cancer journey easier to bear and to help you to take control, by making informed choices.
Our revised kits (2013) contain tips and advice from cancer Survivors, who know just how difficult it is to cope with cancer.
Should you wish to obtain a copy of the CD version of the Coping Kit, please contact the CANSA Care Centre closest to you.
Booklet Version CancerCare Coping Kit
How to listen to, download & share our Audio CancerCare Coping Kit:
- Each track is made up of one or two parts in MP3 format.
There are two ways you can listen to it:
- Click on the Play button once on the tracks below and listen to it through your browser while being online
- Right click once on the links below the tracks saying “Right click here and ‘Save link as’ to download” and then left click on Save Link As. Choose a location for the file to be downloaded to and wait for each file to download to your computer. Go to the files on your computer and listen to it offline and in your own time through your computer’s default media player, the same way as you would listen to music MP3s.
- These downloaded files can also be copied and shared with anyone onto flashdrive or onto CD. It could also be emailed but we suggest that you email the files one by one as the average filesize is about 2.7MB.
CANSA CancerCare Coping Kit Tracks
This audio programme contains the following information:
Track 1: Celebrating life
Track 2 (Part A and B):
- What cancer is
- How to cope with possible side effects
Track 3 (Part A and B):
- Coping with the emotional impact of cancer
- Importance of communication
Track 4 (Part A and B):
- Nutrition and lifestyle
- Coping guidelines