Individual, Group & Online Support
There are many times when the pressures of dealing with cancer can become a heavy emotional and mental burden.
Cancer can affect us beyond just the physical effects of a tumour.
Whether you are newly diagnosed with cancer, a person who has had cancer before, or the caregiver or family member of someone with cancer, you might experience some form of emotional stress as part of the natural human response.
Individual counselling is a very effective way to unload some of this stress in a safe and supportive environment, where our experienced counsellors can help you enormously in dealing with your feelings, hopes and fears.
Counselling is available for those with cancer, as well as their loved ones, at our CANSA Care Centres.
Our active Support Groups connect patients, long-term cancer Survivors and their loved ones with others who have “been there”.
Group members share their insight, provide emotional support & understanding, hope & inspiration with fellow group members.
Bereavement support is also provided.
Support Groups at our Care Centres include:
- Hoping is Coping groups
- Sharing and Caring groups
- Cancer-specific groups
- Day Care groups
- Tough Living with Cancer (TLC) groups (for support to children | teens affected by cancer or who have cancer & their loved ones)
Online Support Resources:
Online Support Groups & Programmes:
- Our Facebook Group: Champions of Hope – CANSA Survivors for cancer Survivors and caregivers – receive encouragement from fellow members and share your story
- Our Facebook Group: CANSA-TLC for children & parents affected by cancer – receive encouragement from fellow members and share your story
- Our iSurvivor Online Support Programme to guide cancer Survivors (anyone who has heard the words ‘you have cancer’) along their journey and help them cope better (weekly emails)
- Our KickButt Online Support Programme to help you quit smoking (weekly emails)
Online Support Material:
- CANSA’s CancerCare Coping Kit Audioprogramme (helping you & loved ones cope with a cancer diagnosis)
- Find more info & resources here…
Has Cancer Touched Your Life?
Cancer affects one in four South Africans, through diagnosis of family, friends, colleagues or self.
We want you to know that you are not alone and that we would like to support you and your loved ones, regardless of how cancer has touched your life.
Find info & online resources to help you fight cancer and please read more about CANSA’s Holistic Care & Support which is offered at our CANSA Care Centres countrywide.